Monday, March 10, 2014

Week Three Report

Today marks completion of week three of the science project. For week two I decided to see if a stronger dose would make a difference in some of the brain-gut effects. For an entire week I took the 4 TBSP within an hour to sometimes immediately before bed. It did not suit me.

My dreams were not any more vivid, but sleep was considerably more restless. My metabolism felt ramped up through the night when my body should have been resting. I also had a feeling like a massive bolus was working its way through my gut over the course of the night. The "2nd meal" effect did kick-in. In full force, in fact. It seemed to kill a fair amount of my appetite, all the way to dinner the next day. I still got hungry and ate as I usually did, but it seemed like I was eating less and feeling full far sooner: like 1/2 to 3/4 of they way through my first helping. I never had seconds, which normally I will, even if just a little bit.

For week three I went back to taking the 4 TBSP in two separate doses and it sat with my system much better. It's a little curious that 2 TBSP gives no particularly noticeable effect (well aside from the usual part of a bit more gas) but 4 TBSP makes a huge difference, almost like gorging on two really big pieces of cake and ice cream the evening before. (Maybe I've done that.)

As far as keeping up with the test, compliance has been really good. Carie and I have not missed a day. The kids I might have forgotten once or twice over the last two weeks. It was a little hard figuring out what would work best for them. I didn't want them having stomach problems while at school or drinking a bunch of water before bed. I have figured out a good routine for them now and I don't think we'll be forgetting any more days.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Allan and family - Glad to see you guys getting the RS diet all figured out. Can't wait to see the results!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete